Leather Shoe for men

Indy BootWhile I was in Vancouver, my Indy type boot got a fallen sole. That's after I re-soled it many many years ago. The shoe repair guy in 'The Bay' downtown told me it is time to call an end to that shoe. I said I will re-sole it nonetheless just to give it a good and honorable death, because it has been with me for 15 (I think) years already.

The guy in the store told me that it is a Florsheim. I couldn't believe my ear. I bought that shoe 15  years ago when I have no sense of shoe brands (actually brands all together). And I had never paid any attention to the brand of this boot all these years. (the label was pretty tiny, and obscure ).

I began to search online for another pair of Florsheim of a similar model. Unfortunately, Florsheim no longer focuses on casual shoes, but instead business shoes. I cannot find a similar boot any more from Florsheim.

ecco ZONE black casual

ecco BARCELONA Norwegian square front lace up blackNot very far from 'The Bay' (the Bay is a Canadian Super Department Store, Like David Johns in Sydney). I found the ECCO shoe boutique store. I heard from online, they said ECCO is famous for making shoes that is comfortable from the first moment you wear them. There is no 'adjustment' period required. So called most comfortable shoe in the world. Well. That day they are selling a 09 new model - ZONE. (New to Vancouver, not to the US though). So I bought a black one for casual walking (See the second image). They said the sole is made of a high tech material based on natural rubber (from the tree). And there is a high tech bottom layer for extra extra grip for the ground. Perfect for walking/running. What I can say is that it is comfortable from the first moment I put them on.

After I came back (to Sydney), I begin to get neurotic about my shoe collection, I found my black business shoe got only half the sole/heel left. I went to Chatswood ecco store and bought an ecco Barcelona square norwegian front lace up black. It is known as the most comfortable business shoe - due to its super soft and flexible sole. (See the third image). The sales in the Chatswood ecco almost had their eyes fallen off on my ecco - black ZONE, cos after search high and low in the store and their computer system, they cannot find this modle. I told them I bought it in Vancouver, and it is a 2009 new model. And they give up.

Well, the point is I don't like ecco Barcelona, they will be a temporary shoe, until I land on some of my dream shoes. Unfortunately they are not available in either Sydney or Vancouver.

Here are some of the shoes I am crazy about: Alden, Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling
I must get some Shell Cordovan for myself.

Alden, Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling

Alden, Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling

Larger image

Comments

  1. [...] collection auditing’ fever continues from yesterday. I found the running/training shoe for GYM is less than half the sole on the outside part of the [...]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment