7notemode replied on all my comments

7 reply

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xgPLrvcmOs&fmt=18 200 150]

7 reply

Youtube Jazz Piano mega star 7notemode replied all my comments on him. He seldom seldom replies his comments, which is humongous in quantity. Am I just very so lucky? Well, all my comments were just two comments in total though. ;) There is a week or so time difference of the two comments though.

7notemode's Youtube channel is here

If you don't know who is 7notemode in Youtube. Listen to his interpretation of 'My one and only love'. Or 'A house is not a home' in my previous post.



My comments were:

1. This seems to be your last youtube time on your CP300. You went back to your Steinway B. Is it because CP300 worn flat/out after 2 years. How do you find your CP300 after all this time?

-- Answer is in image 1

2. Read somewhere you said "Ivory sings to me emotionally at x-level..." or similar. Don't know you said this before or after you got the Galaxy II. For people not as professional as you are, they might not really want to have both Ivory and Galaxy II. So what do you say to these guys? Galaxy II or Ivory in terms of just Steinway piano for the emotional type of piano playing and Jazz? SSR, playable, iLok, ..etc.? What do you say?

-- Answer is in image2

I ask about Yamaha CP300, because I am about to buy a new P155 which has a same keybed with the CP300's. They are all GHE, or GH as sometimes called. The piano itself is about half the weight of CP300. And it has a 4 layer sample for the internal piano patch. I think CP300 got 1 layer. Although this doesn't seem to be a big deal, because CP300 and P155 are supposed to be used with the software virtual Steinway of Ivory Piano as hinted (not recommended) by 7notemode. I also like the 'mahogany' color of the upper panel of P155, as it reminds people of P120 - a very good DP (image blow).

I played both P155, CP300 in Allans Music in Sydney CBD. P155 keys are a bit harder to strike than CP300's even set to 'soft touch'. I believe this might because P155 is new, and CP300's speaker is louder. P155 only got two grand piano patchs inbulit: Grand Piano 1 and 2, while the previous model P140 got 3, and it is the Grand Piano 3 they said sound pretty good. This worries me a little bit, because something you don't want to bother to connect the DP to your computer, but just to practice with its built-in patches. So how does P155's piano1, 2 compare to P140's piano1,2, and especially 3? No clue...

CP300 was first released on 2006. P155 is a new product release this year 2009.

P120_on_stand

Comments

Post a Comment